Sunday, March 6, 2011

Flying Around With the Seat of My Pants Cut Off

That's a quote from me that I said earlier this week.  After I said it I realized that I had combined the phrases "flying by the seat of my pants" and "running around like a chicken with its head cut off."  Yep.  That means I've been busy enough to not even have time to untangle cliches about being so crazybusy!! BUT it just so happens that the confusion of two cliches about crazybusymadnessinduction completely works to summarize just whats been going on over here... so I rolled with it.

I spent the beginning of my week completely stressed about assignments and work and student loans and working out and what I was going to pack for lunch the next day and when I would do my laundry and whether it was going to rain and "oh please car I know you're way past empty but please please make it to the bank so I can get there and back before my lunch break is over!  I'll be your best friend!" and how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop... and then!  Tuesday morning I played indoor hockey with the kids at work. 

For 90 minutes.  It was complete fun madness and it took me away from all of these stresses for our ungodly long PE session that sunny Tuesday morning. I love times like this where I get to bond with these kids. Times that make me so thankful for my job and my future and remind me not to sweat the small stuff.  After it was over I wiped my face down with some baby wipes, shrugged off the fact that my makeup was ruined from this point, and was ready to let the adreneline push me through the rest of my day. But what I didn't realize was how much of a workout I was getting while simultaneously trying not to accidently smack a kid in the shins with my plastic hockey stick, and using it as a shield from my Troublemaker kid who gets a kick out of holding his in the air over his head and wacking it on the ground as hard as possible....

Until the next morning.  Boy was Miss Amanda sore.  For 3 days.  I'm talking sore all over too.  Back, legs, arms, HANDS.   So I spent the rest of my week like that pantsless flying chicken, who this time had aged approximately 40 years.  No big.

I got through my week and was thankful for the hockey sesh.  I had a pretty darn good weekend too. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment